[GNC] AqBanking Online Set Up

john jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Jan 4 13:13:06 EST 2022

https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v4/C/gnucash-guide/importing-from-files.html#importing-ofx <https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v4/C/gnucash-guide/importing-from-files.html#importing-ofx>

At the end of the QFX import you were presented with a window listing all of the imported new transactions. Since this is a first import they should all have had a yellow background. You can either double-click each one or select one or more and right click then select "assign account" from the context menu. That will bring up a window with your account tree from which you can select the "other" account for the selected transactions. When you do this GnuCash records information from the transaction's description and will use it to suggest an account for future transactions with similar descriptions; those will have a green background as will transactions after you've assigned an account to them.

If you skipped that step you'll find al of your transactions assigned to Imbalance-CAD and you'll need to re-assign them in the register. That doesn't train the import matcher.

The General Ledger by default filters to the last 30 days. You can change that with View>Filter By.

Regards,
John Ralls