[GNC] A good tutorial on connecting online to my bank accounts?

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 05:35:36 EST 2022

Hi Adrien,

Am 04.01.22 um 21:59 schrieb Adrien Monteleone:
> GnuCash cannot initiate transactions. You are limited to syncing
> previous transactions from the institution to GnuCash.
>
> Regards,
> Adrien

please do not tell false facts! With the
* german protocol FinTS you can initiate transfers. It is used by
GnuCash users on a daily base.
Note: with DTAUS we had a protocol since 1976. Because there was no
internet magnetic tapes were used.

* european protocol EBICS it can in theory also be done. But as it
usually offered to business users only, we have not much reports.

I heard Paypal's API would allow it, but it is currently not implemented
in AqBanking. If you are interested, send your patches to aqbanking.de.

It is only the directOFX part, where I do not know of any "upstream".

Regards
Frank