[GNC] Idiots guide to building GNC 4.9 on Ubuntu 20.04LTS

david whiting dw at davidwhiting.me.uk
Mon Jan 10 01:47:14 EST 2022

On Mon, 10 Jan 2022 at 04:40, Jeff <beastmaster126 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/9/22 2:28 AM, david whiting wrote:
> > On Sun, 9 Jan 2022 at 07:57, Jeff <beastmaster126 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > [...]
> >> I however; cannot find a new PPA or solution to, when doing sudo apt-get
> >> update :
> >>
> >> Err:1 http://Community-maintained free InRelease
> >>     Temporary failure resolving 'Community-maintained'

Thanks. You will see at lines 13 and 14 the URL
http://Community-maintained and see that these lines are in the file
/etc/apt/sources.list. If you comment out the two lines in
/etc/apt/sources.list that have that URL and then run sudo apt update
this error will disappear. However, I note your next reply to David
Cousens about resetting your repositories and David's reply to that,
and that covers this and more, so at this point this branch in the
conversation probably ends here.

David
--
David Whiting