[GNC] Trying to get report with total when account has sub-accounts

Robert Stocker kneadtoknow at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 07:59:24 EST 2022

To update my budget projections, monthly I run a transaction report to show
what I've spent on 2 expense accounts over the past 12 months. One of the
expense accounts has a sub-account. Let's call them Groceries and Dining
Out, where Dining Out has sub-account Delivery Charges.

I cannot figure out how to get GnuCash to roll up the Dining Out expenses
and the Delivery Charges expenses to give me a total for all of Dining Out,
so I wind up having to add these numbers by hand. I saw the "subtotal
table" option and thought I'd finally found what I needed, but that just
re-creates the same subtotals I get on the main part of the report in a
smaller format.

What am I missing? Happy to provide further details and/or clarification if
needed. Thanks!

(If it matters, I'm running GnuCash build Flathub 4.9-1 on Ubuntu 21.10.)