[GNC] Does GNUCash have an install DVD for Macintosh?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Jan 11 21:50:51 EST 2022

1. As Derek noted, you should download the .dmg file.

2. When it finishes downloading, double-click it to open it.

3. Then open a second Finder window and navigate to your Applications
folder.

4. Drag the GnuCash icon from the GnuCash.dmg window to the Applications
folder in the second Finder window.

5. You may have to enter your user password.

6. Close the .dmg window. (and 'eject' the .dmg if you like from within
the remaining Finder window, you can then delete the .dmg file if you like)

7. Right-click Gnucash.app in your Applications folder and choose 'Open'.

8. You'll be prompted to approve opening the app, do so.

The app may or may not open at this point. (not sure why it doesn't
sometimes)

Any subsequent attempt to open Gnucash.app should work. You can add it
to your Dock if you like.

*After you create and save your file initially, from that point on, *do
not* try to open that file by double-clicking it. Just start Gnucash.app
and it will open the last used file for you. If you use more than one
file, after starting Gnucash, use File > Open to find the one you want.

Regards,
Adrien

p.s.—a DMG file 'is' essentially a disk file, just not on a physical
disk. Even if you had a physical disk, the above process would be the same.