[GNC] Transaction Date issues during import OFX file (TD Bank)

Mark Sutton mes at lazo.ca
Thu Jan 13 13:07:39 EST 2022

On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 09:28:06AM -0800, john wrote:
> Derek,
>
> The libofx change was in libofx-0.10.3 but I also (as I generally do) set the same patch to libofx 0.10.2 in the build repositories so GnuCash 4.8 and 4.9 include the fix.
> Since the 4.9 AIO still doesn't work there must be another path where the TZ is bering applied backwards.

I'm not sure what AIO is, but I have 4.9 installed on funtoo. Right now libofx-0.10.2
is installed, but I can emerge libofx-0.10.3.
I have also run into this problem but I am in UTC-8 or -7 depending on the time
of year so the problem only manifested when DST set in. I think I just massaged the
file to make the transaction post at noon then it didn't matter.

I have five years of TD files to import so I don't mind doing some tests.
So what combination should work? gnc-4.9 with libofx-0.10.2?
if so does that break with 0.10.3
I can not find the commit that might have fixed this so I can't see what it does.
Does it check version and apply the correction or not.

-mark