[GNC] Post crash recovery log file suggestion

David G. Pickett dgpickett at aol.com
Mon Jan 17 10:06:54 EST 2022

John,

So, less code.  It seems odd that they wrote the code for the replay but do not automatically do it, making it a hidden feature.  Hopefully it is truncated or a new log started with every save, so duplicates are not a problem.

My saves are not slow, but the huge number of huge files slows my backup to my cloud.  GNUCash files are probably the second largest part of my storage after pictures!  We discussed since-save and incremental-save previously.

I think my original GNUCash used an RDBMS, and that was fine.  I am not sure how to turn that on, or what additional files I would need to back up!  Currently, I can open my backup GNUCash files on my second PC, but I am not sure with RDBMS that I could still do that.
Best,
David