[GNC] How to get debug to work (saying "uncle")

davidcousens49 at gmail.com davidcousens49 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 22:25:42 EST 2022

Steve,

You will have to map Quicken/Quickbooks categories onto accounts in Gnucash.
These will be either Income or Expense accounts for the majority of cases and
are created as subaccounts of the top level Asset, liability Equity, Income and
Expense placeholder accounts in GnuCash. Ideally you should try to create these
accounts before importing at least for major accounts. The import procedure
should try and create accounts as necessary where it is clear what account and
type is needed.

See https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v4/C/gnucash-help/trans-import.html
and
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Quicken_Migration#:~:text=From%20the%20Gnucash%20menu%20select,from%20your%20new%20account%20tree
for more info and suggestions.

It is generally better to import in small batches initially (month, quarter , 6
months) rather than a single import to sort out any problems. Once you have it
working OK you can increase the batch size.

David Cousens