[GNC] How to get debug to work (saying "uncle")

Steve Conley Steve1 at stevenwconley.com
Tue Jan 18 12:23:41 EST 2022

A BIG Thanks to all who responded with clues or solutions ...
Geert, QUITE RIGHT about the broken -lotto.  I now have it working. "Who
would have that the only place it did not work was where the doc said it
should be ...).

I finally successfully loaded up to "about" where it died.  I am proceeding
to check the Quicken QIF and work my way slowly "over" the bug - either in
Quicken output or gnucash input.

The import seemed to do, on the surface, the 3 years I imported mostly the
correct things ... will verify and report, if anyone is interested, the
things that failed.

CURRENTLY: I still have these messages to the CONSOLE if run in a command
window.
These "seem" to be harmless bugs "so far", but someone might like to know
about them:

Gtk-Message: 11:47:04.747: Failed to load module "appmenu-gtk-module"
Gtk-Message: 11:47:05.351: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
Gtk-Message: 11:47:05.418: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
Found Finance::Quote version 1.49.

LOTS OF THESE:
(gnucash:2): Gtk-WARNING **: 11:50:59.099: Negative content width
-2147483648 (allocation -2147483648, extents 0x0) while allocating gadget
(node progress, owner GtkProgressBar)

(gnucash:2): Gtk-WARNING **: 11:50:59.099: Drawing a gadget with negative
dimensions. Did you forget to allocate a size? (node progress owner
GtkProgressBar)

(gnucash:2): Gtk-WARNING **: 11:50:59.164: Negative content width
-2147483648 (allocation -2147483648, extents 0x0) while allocating gadget
(node progress, owner GtkProgressBar)

(gnucash:2): Gtk-WARNING **: 11:50:59.165: Drawing a gadget with negative
dimensions. Did you forget to allocate a size? (node progress owner
GtkProgressBar)

Anyway, THANKS AGAIN.
Steve Conley