[GNC] Exiting gnucash Lock file Vol 226, Issue 57

Thomas Forrester tlforrester at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 09:45:12 EST 2022

Seems like a lot of work. No doubt you're finding interesting anomalies,
but...

Rather than using xml data files, which have always seemed odd to me (a la,
this thread), if you use a MySQL database instead, all saves are automatic
and completely bypass the need for all this testing.  You still have to
save each transaction, or edits to a transaction (Enter key), but otherwise
you can freely close the program without any worries about loosing data,
and there is no save prompt on the way out.  I've run with a MySQL database
from the start without any problems at all.  Just a thought, and I
recognize some may have reasons not to choose that path, although I'm not
sure what they would be.