[GNC] Advice on restarting use of GnuCash

Peter Coleman pg_coleman at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 21 11:04:56 EST 2022

I used GnuCash for our household finances up until about two years ago. I now want to start using it again with effect from 1.1.22. The version of my software is 2.6.19 (probably about 5 years old).

I would like to keep the existing account structure, as I have saved lots of detail there, but I want to enter a whole new set of opening balances.

Can anyone advise how I can best achieve this AND how I can install the latest version of the software without losing the data that I want to retain?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you might offer.