[GNC] show unposted invoices in customer report?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Jan 25 14:07:56 EST 2022

The advantage to using a 'work completed' or similar account is that I'm
booking revenue in the period in which it was earned. (following the
Matching Principle—think I have that one named correctly) And I don't
have to back-post invoices.

If you want to stick with a spreadsheet, you can also massage that into
an importable format for GnuCash. That way you don't have to enter data
twice, just save the formatted sheet to CSV, and then import. See the
Documentation about the proper format and what fields can be imported.

As for the re-billing question, unless every item on a bill needs to go
to one and only one customer on an invoice, then the answer is 'no'. If
that limitation works for your case, then investigate the 'jobs'
feature. (that label is a misnomer, it is more like 'purchase order')

Again there, you can use a spreadsheet to keep track, and then generate
the invoice data to import back to GnuCash. (and you could maybe export
the invoice data to the spreadsheet, checkoff and assign line-items to
various customers to appear on their invoice, that way you don't have to
enter any data twice)

Regards,
Adrien