[GNC] How to properly import a csv with the correct settings.

W Velishek wvelishek at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 17:12:03 EST 2022

Hello All,

I was using QuickBooks Online and exported the information to Excel
Spreadsheets. I had someone clean up the Spreadsheet and convert it to
.csv . Now I am trying to import the csv into GnuCash. I have previous
GnuCash files set up but I always messed them up. So Importing this csv
into a fresh GnuCash file. I chose the Business accounts template in
GnuCash but no other custom accounts have been added. The csv that I
want to import has 99% all of the business transactions from 2020 until
recently so if I can get this imported properly there will be very
little else for me to import.

Included is a screenshot of the import process.

-Please let me know what I have correct and what I have wrong or incomplete.

-When I am importing this csv and I have to match accounts in the csv to
accounts in GnuCash will I have the opportunity to create a new account
or new sub-account right then during the import process?

Thanks