[GNC] How to properly import a csv with the correct settings.

davidcousens49 at gmail.com davidcousens49 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 22:55:19 EST 2022

It looks OK but the test is how it actually imports.

If you have not imported to that set of books previously the import procedure
will run a dialogue to match the entries in the Account column to internal
accounts. AFAIK that dialogue has a button which will allow you to create new
accounts where necessary but it has been a long time since I have had to do
that. Many of the dialogues in GnuCash are not modal, i.e. they do not stop you
from performing other actions while they are open unless absolutely necessary so
it is likely you could go to the Account tab and create a new account from there
anyway. The drop down lists in the dialogues are normally populated when they
are called so the new account should then appear as an option to be matched.
David Cousens