[GNC] Canadian Mortgage

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Sun Jan 30 15:08:08 EST 2022

Hi,

On Sun, January 30, 2022 2:13 pm, Al Maloney wrote:
> How can I use gnuCash for a Canadian mortgage?
>
> I need:
> 1) frequency of payments as bi-weekly (not semi-monthly)

On the Loan Repayment page, select:
Frequency: Weekly
Every 2 weeks

> 2) a compounding period of 6 months

If you know what the (libre)office PMT() invocation would be, then you can
program GnuCash similarly because the pmt functions behave the same way.
I can't tell you off hand how to do it, though.  You might be better off
just supplying the "Interest Rate", but you're right, there is no "APR
Compounded every 6 months" setting.  Please file an RFE in Bugzilla to get
that added.

> These are not available in version 4.9-1 Actions->Scheduled
> Transactions->Mortgage & Loan Repayment
>
> I am using macOS 10.14.6 or macOS 12.2

Good Luck,

> Al Maloney
> Velox Versutus Vigilans

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745