[GNC] Adding late charges to a vendor bill after posting?

R. Victor Klassen rvklassen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 21:36:03 EST 2022

Not what the Canadian (Federal) taxing authorities do with payroll taxes.  They have a separate account for arrears, and interest goes there as well.  As far as I can tell, this is just to baffle the poor taxpayer, so if you ever get in arrears, you have to be sure to tell them the next payment is to go there, and not to your regular payroll account…

Gag me with a spoon.

To the OP’s question, I agree, although you might not have a Liabilities:Property Tax account, in which case it would be Liabilities:Accounts Payable.