[GNC] Budgeting problem

Paul Warthe warthes7 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 22:01:12 EST 2022

Hello All,

I'm back to pick your brains on a problem I'm having with the budgeting
feature. First time I have used it, so here goes. (Windows 10, GC ver. 4.9)

I have an account "Food" with 2 sub accounts "Groceries" and "Restaurants".
Each sub account has further sub accounts of the names of the stores and
restaurants we frequent. In the budget, the amounts I have entered for each
restaurant is rolling up into a subtotal under the Restaurants
subaccount/title. The amounts I have entered under the grocery stores do not
roll up under the Groceries subaccount/title. The Food account/title only
shows the subtotal of the restaurants.

I have checked the setup of each account and made sure they are setup the
same. What is happening in my budget that the Groceries won't roll up the
stores and is not being included in the Food total?

PS. I love the ability to open the account to see the actual transactions
for the past year.

Regards,

Paul