[GNC] How to do a couple of less common searches

Geoff cleanoutmyshed at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 00:16:59 EDT 2022

Hi David

1. See screenshot.  Explanation:
"^" means start of field
"." means match any character
"DOES NOT match regex" means find all transactions where the field DOES
NOT have any character(s) ie is blank.
"Any criteria are met" means an OR search - only 1 of the criteria
(Number or Notes) needs to be met.
- Hope this makes sense.

2. I have no idea, but you may find this guide to "POSIX" Regular
Expressions (the dialect used in GnuCash) useful:
https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/watson-explorer/11.0.1?topic=queries-posix-regular-expression-syntax-examples

3. I don't understand what you mean by "no transfer account" - don't all
transactions have to have at least 2 splits?

NOTE that you can also View / Sort By an account by various fields
including Number, Amount, Notes etc which may help you to identify the
transactions that you are after.

Regards

Geoff
=====