[GNC] Transaction imports

Christian Lynbech christian at defun.dk
Tue Jul 5 15:04:08 EDT 2022

Thanks.

                               /Christian

-----------------------
On Tue, Jul 05 2022, john wrote:

 On Jul 5, 2022, at 5:52 AM, Christian Lynbech <christian at defun.dk> wrote:

 Where is the information related to transaction imports saved? I am on a Mac.

 I have my books stored under revision control but when I wanted to do an
 CSV import on a another machine, I did not see the import I have defined
 when running Gnucash on my main computer. I am guessing/fearing that
 this also applies to the learned matching of transactions to accounts.

 How would I replicate such information between computers?

The transaction matching tokens are kept in "slots" records belonging to the account into which you were
importing the transactions. This is part of the book (i.e. .gnucash) file so you need only copy or share it between
machines. Saved report and CSV configurations are kept in the DOT-GNUCASH folder, which on macOS is ~
/Library/Application Support/gnucash. See https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Backup for more about where GnuCash
keeps data and how to make thorough backups or share books between machines.

Regards,
John Ralls