[GNC] Deleting customer

Mattia Rizzolo mattia at mapreri.org
Mon Jul 11 12:57:06 EDT 2022

On Sat, Jun 25, 2022 at 09:29:49AM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> You can't.
> Just change it and reuse it for another customer.

Incidentally, in the past I found myself manually editing the .xml and
carefully deleted the gnc:GncCustomer object (and looked up the whole
file for the relevant cust:guid code to check if there were references).

Nothing bad came from it after several months, so I suspect I did it
properly and didn't break anything in it…

But this left me wondering: is this (and the same for vendors and
invoices/bills) just a lacking feature that nobody implemented, or a
design decision?
It doesn't strike me as something incredibly hard to implement (just
check if there is any reference (which IIRC can only be in
bills/invoices objects) before deleting), but perhaps I'm missing
something big in this topic.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo