[GNC] Saving window position (and size)

Tracy gnulist at vbot.org
Mon Jul 11 19:10:41 EDT 2022

Ubuntu 22.04
Gnucash 4.8

In the Edit > Settings dialog, under "Window" there is an option to save
the current window size and position. However, this does not appear to
be working fully - when I position GnuCash on the screen, then close it,
then reopen it, it opens with the correct size, but not in the correct
position - instead of where I left it, it opens with the upper left
corner of the GnuCash window positioned at the upper left corner of the
desktop (instead of having the GnuCash window positioned 2/3 of the way
to the right on the desktop, as it was when I closed it).

I have looked into the Wiki and found that the window position and size
is stored in:

$HOME/.local/share/gnucash/books/GnuTest.gnucash.gcm

Closing GnuCash and editing this file (specifically changing the
WindowPosition property in the [Window 1] section) does not change the
startup position of the GnuCash window.

Is there another place I should be looking for this, or am I completely
confused and there is another setting in the Settings window that I
should be looking at, or....?

Note that this was an upgrade from Ubuntu 20.04 and GnuCash 3.<I don't
remember the point version> so it is possible that there are files or
settings that were left behind by the upgrade process that are
interfering (if so, and someone can point me to a resource for cleaning
up those settings, I would be happy to poke at it...)

Thanks in advance for any information or assistance on this.