[GNC] Example of importing Stock transactions from CSV

Jon Schewe jpschewe at mtu.net
Mon Jul 11 22:35:13 EDT 2022

Does anyone have an example of importing stock transactions from CSV?

I have matched columns to Date, Description, Account, Price, Deposit,
Transfer Account.
The "Account" column is the mutual fund account.
The "Transfer Account" column is the currency account.

When I start the import process all of my transactions need an account
to transfer from, despite specifying the Transfer Account. When I try
and select my currency account I'm told that it has the wrong
commodity.

I have another column for the currency amount, but I don't know what to
map that to in the importer.

I tried checkout out
https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v4/C/gnucash-help/trans-import.html#trans-import-csv
 but it doesn't seem to address this.