[GNC] Example of accounts for a personal residence with entries for US tax basis

Tom Browder tom.browder at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 08:38:55 EDT 2022

I have looked at several accounting books and websites for an example of
accounting for an owner's personal residence and US fedral tax treatment
for improvements contributing to basis, but I haven't yet found a recipe
suitable for my lame level of bookkeeping knowledge.

Can anyone point to such an example?  The Gnucash docs do a good job for
business applications, and I will try to adapt that to my case, but a
better example for one's personal residence would be much appreciated.

Best regards,

-Tom