[GNC] Saving window position (and size)

Tracy gnulist at vbot.org
Wed Jul 13 10:34:13 EDT 2022

Good morning John,

I get what you are saying, and I agree that tracking down the exact problem
would be a huge undertaking. However, in this case, I can't just point the
finger at GnuCash - there are other apps that were doing the same thing
(one example being LibreOffice Calc). However, there were other apps
(notably Pidgin, Firefox, and Thunderbird) that were working correctly.
Which, of course, further supports your theory that it is a buried problem
that would take an inordinate amount of time to dig out, between the
various levels of interactions. Which is why I said I doubted that I would
get any traction on a bug report - I just don't have the time (or the
skills) to dig through all the layers to find the underlying problem.

But as it happens, I am fine with using X11 (I prefer it, I was just giving
Wayland a trial since they made it default), so I also don't really have
the motivation to dig either.