[GNC] Revising an old Gnucash file

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 16:51:26 EDT 2022

I would develop a plan that would probably include some limited steps of
improvement with backups between steps.  Now that there is a way to export
and import transactions via CSV between files if there is enough
commonality to make it worthwhile for a few dozen transactions or so, at
least, that might fit in your plan.

I would not ignore accounts, especially asset and liability accounts, but
try to redefine the income and expense accounts to make more sense.

On Tue, Jul 19, 2022 at 3:28 PM Tom Browder <tom.browder at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have my original Gnucase file which has been continually used (for about
> 15 years)  mainly as a simple check book app to replace Quicken. I am
> motivated now to (1) improve the account structure and (2) start moving
> toward a properly used double-entry system so I can use the full power of
> Gnucash.
>
> Is there any way to ignore accounts while incrementally working on tidying
> up my mess? Or should I just give up and start afresh (ugh)?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Cheers!
>
> -Tom

David Carlson