[GNC] Revising an old Gnucash file

Phyllis Bruce pobruce46 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 16:51:52 EDT 2022

Tom, best wishes!  I had to abandon Microsoft Money after 30 years.  I
suggest you do as I did, even though you've been using GC.

Create a new file and start with 2022.  Keep your old file for historical
data.  Import data from banks and savings accounts and create your account
structure as you go.  Have you been importing all along?  I found that
using the CSV file was too cumbersome.  Choosing QFX from your banking
institutions might be a better idea.

Someone way more knowledgeable will come along and tell you the easy way to
make the switch but after a brief learning curve I'm finding it easy, if
time consuming.

One of our fellow users gave me this link that is proving very helpful.
https://gnucash-docs-rst.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index.html

Good luck!
Po