[GNC] Setting up online banking finishes without success or error...

Jeffrey Bush jeff at coderforlife.com
Tue Jul 19 22:57:04 EDT 2022

I am setting up OFX-DirectConnect backend in GnuCash and I enter all of the
information for the user and when I get to the end it asks you to request
the account list. I do that and the resulting output says:

22:34:28 Sending request...
22:34:28 Using GnuTLS default ciphers.
22:34:28 TLS: SSL-Ciphers negotiated: TLS1.3:ECDHE-RSA-AES-128-GCM:AEAD
22:34:28 Waiting for response...
22:34:28 Operation finished, you can now close this window.

All examples I can see online have something between "Waiting for
response..." and "Operation finished". An error, a success message,
something. But I get nothing at all.

I have double-checked all of the settings and they are correct. I have used
the Python library ofxtools to connect with the settings and they work and
I am able to get a list of accounts and transactions with that tool. The
settings are:

FID = '94089'
ORG = 'starone.org'
URL = 'https://fs-services.1fsapi.com/eftxweb/tyfone.ofx'
Client ID = 'F878CCBF-0AB5-4C61-A8DD-DD77275B4558'
The username and password don't have anything besides letters and numbers
in them (the wiki mentioned that that could sometimes be a problem). If I
do give a username/password combo that is bad I do get an error during the
account list retrieval, so it is at least getting that far.

Is there any way to get more logs of why this might be going wrong? I was
thinking of submitting this to the aq mailing list, but I don't know
German...

Another solution that I would actually prefer is to be able to run OFX
import from the command line or API. I know that it would have to make
assumptions about which accounts to make expenses go into since that is
normally done interactively, but I am actually completely fine with that.
What I want is to get the bayesian matching predictions that I can correct
later.

Thanks!