[GNC] Revising an old Gnucash file

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 20 02:40:29 EDT 2022

If you set an account to Hidden, it will be... hidden in the chart of accounts.

Assuming that your messed up account is a catch-all account from which you hope to move transactions, I'd actually keep that account visible, and change the messed up transactions to reflect my current intention-- for example, changing the destination accounts to follow my new plan. As you change a transaction to use, say, Expenses:Auto instead of Expenses:Catch-all, the transactions will "disappear" from the Catch-all account (not really; they actually just get moved to the proper register). You'll know you're finished when the register is empty.

Just my opinion.

David T.