[GNC] GC4.10 on Win10 Crashing

A Harvey gah1178 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 19:20:25 EDT 2022

John,
Thanks for the pointer on how to get a stack trace.  I will see whether I
can find anything useful.

Either way, I will try the Sqlite3 backend eventually.  I do have File
History turned on and I actually did use it to recover a file once.  I'll
have to learn more about how to recover from potentially catastrophic user
mistakes before I try the database (e.g. increase frequency of File History
saves).  Some years ago before the CSV importer allowed saving of
configurations, I imported a large number of transactions but forgot to
change the date format from the default to the U.S. format.  The dates of
the imported transactions were sprayed all over the timeline.  Fortunately,
I had done a save before that and quit Gnucash without saving
the erroneous data.

-Arthur