[GNC] Setting up Mortgage; xfer to escrow is rounded off

steve.schwandt at fastmail.com steve.schwandt at fastmail.com
Thu Jul 21 16:15:25 EDT 2022

I am setting up a new file, my first in GnuCash. I have a decent
understanding of how these programs work and I'm figuring out the ins
and outs of GnuCash fine so far.

I've used the assistant to create the scheduled transaction, proper P &
I for the month I'm starting the file. I can make the transfer to escrow
split show up, with the amount I entered into the assistant 131.20. When
the transaction is complete, it shows up in the register as 131.00. I
found the editor and when I change that line to 131.20 I get the message
that assistant can't auto (balance or reconcile?) but I click through. I
then ignore all the transactions from loan origination to the present
month and the transaction entered isn't correct. When I restart GC, the
transaction is entered with the $0.20 going into the unbalanced account.

Advice please?