[GNC] tutorials or examples for connecting/programming for GnuCash data access

john jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Jul 26 12:37:54 EDT 2022

If you mean the gnucash-x.x-setup.exe distributed as part of releases, it's built on Windows in the MSYS2 environment using gcc. You're correct that the Python bindings aren't included. That's also the case for the macOS GnuCash.app and flatpak. The reason is that the bindings must be linked against libpython so we'd have to include a full python instance in the bundle and we think that would add too much bloat to an already large download. Users who want to use the Python bindings will have to build GnuCash themselves; the recipes are published at https://github.com/gnucash/gnucash-on-windows, https://github.com/gnucash/gnucash-on-osx, and https://github.com/gnucash/gnucash-on-flatpak.

Regards,
John Ralls