[GNC] computer with Linux

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sun Jul 31 21:59:03 EDT 2022

David, I just checked a VM of Mint 20.3 I have and the GnuCash version
is 3.8, not 2.2.9. Mint 20.x appears to be based on Ubuntu Focal. (20.04)

Still, yes, 3.8 is quite aged, but not as ancient as 2.2.9.

Mint 21 Vanessa was released and I see it has 4.8 in its repo. (based on
upstream Ubuntu 22.04, so presumably that's what Ubuntu Jammy users get
too, though I haven't checked)

That's much more reasonably 'recent' if someone doesn't want to tread
the Flatpak waters. Though, since it is so easy to install, I'd
recommend that route too.

Regards,
Adrien