[GNC] need help getting started

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri Jun 3 17:11:23 EDT 2022

Eric,

Check the Help and the Tutorial (linked from the website, but should be
available from within GnuCash). I don't recall which, but one describes
the CSV format for importing bills/invoices.

I don't *think* you can import them as paid, because it isn't just a
flag on the transaction. There is a link to the payment transaction as
well that is needed. The only way I know of setting that properly, is to
either 'Process Payment' or if the payment transaction is already
entered (most likely in your case) then right-click and 'assign as
payment'. (which brings up the Process Payment window with some details
already filled out and which will link that transaction as a payment to
that 'document')

You could maybe ask on IRC, but I don't think there is a programmatic
way to do this at this time. (there are python bindings, however, I
don't think they expose everything)

As for contributions, I think that info is on the website, wiki, or both.

The devs follow this list too, so one of them may see this and offer
more definitive guidance.

Regards,
Adrien