[GNC] Startup issue - two windows

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sun Jun 5 11:02:37 EDT 2022

Fred,

Your screenshot came through, thanks.

First, that looks like the Splash Screen is either hung, or you just
took the screen shot before it finished. But your earlier reply seem to
indicate it is hanging. (or just really slow at finishing loading and
then exiting)

Second, the transient windows remember their place. So before you close
them, move them to a corner of the screen away from the center. When you
re-start GnuCash, they should re-open where you left them. This will
help with the stacking problem.

Third, Although the tip pops up right after the splash for me, it stays
in focus until the SX window comes up, which steals it. But I can still
click in the tip window to gain focus and close it. (the Splash screen
closes itself)

Can you not click on the tip window indicator in the dock to gain focus?

Finally, you can turn off both the splash screen and/or the Tip of the
Day if they are causing problems. (Preferences > General)

Regards,
Adrien