[GNC] Startup issue - two windows

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sun Jun 5 13:47:30 EDT 2022

This looks like a problem with the Scheduled Transaction (SX) window
rather than a general focus problem.

Try this in order:

1. Uncheck: Preferences > Scheduled Transactions > Since Last Run > 'Run
when data file opened'.

Does the Splash still appear to hang?

Can you close the Tip window?

2. Re-check the above, then uncheck: 'Show notification window'

same questions

3. Re-check both of the above, and also make sure 'Review created
transactions' is checked.

again - same questions

The idea here is that either the SX window or a specific SX is producing
a hang condition with the splash screen. (It is as if Splash is waiting
for the SX window to be dismissed before closing itself)

I can't duplicate that situation. I have several SXs and the Splash
closes itself just fine and the SX window doesn't control focus or
prevent me from closing other windows. (I also have the Bills/Invoices
Due Reminder windows opening at start)

I haven't yet tested on Fedora, but can do that next. If still can't get
it to repeat, then my money is on a specific SX being the issue.

Did you create or edit an SX before this problem started? (there might
be a specific SX causing the problem)

Regards,
Adrien