[GNC] Export as text or CSV

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Jun 6 09:21:33 EDT 2022

Reports are HTML.

They open quite easily in spreadsheet apps.

You can then massage as needed to remove extraneous spacing columns and
then convert to CSV.

(you can also select-all and then paste non-formatted text into a
spreadsheet if you don't want to save first)

If you do the copy/paste method, most spreadsheets should offer you
options for importing the text so you can clean up a few formatting
issues. (though not all)

You could also export a report and script the stripping of formatting
spaces, converting it to CSV. (I'm pretty sure there is already an app
that can convert HTML tables to CSV, thus saving having to 're-make the
wheel')

There are also ways to get your data outside of the GnuCash GUI.

There is a CLI interface and Python bindings. I haven't used either, but
some here on the list have.

There is also a separate app called Piecash, which can extract data from GC.

Hope one of those will get you what you need.

Regards,
Adrien