[GNC] [MAINT] (another) unplanned network outage for code.gnucash.org

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Thu Jun 9 08:23:08 EDT 2022

Hi,

On Wed, June 8, 2022 5:55 pm, Liz Dodd wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Jun 2022 07:43:07 -0400
> "Derek Atkins" <derek at ihtfp.com> wrote:
>

> I guess the Router came up before the machine running the DHCP server,
> Here we'd say "you must've killed a Chinaman" which is an interesting
> comment on how racist speech gets normalised in our language.
> Here's hoping your misfortunes are restricted to your internet
> connection.

Something like that.  I think there is more to it, because the DHCP server
process needed to be manually restarted (as did the named service on that
device).  What's so strange is that the switch was plugged into the router
on a VLAN port, but it still got a DHCP response from it.  Although now
that I think about it, that still makes sense -- I wonder if I can turn
off DHCP on that VLAN?

Yesterday I got my ER-4 put back into place, so this particular error
shouldn't happen again (the switch is plugged into the ER-4, not the
router, so no DHCP server).

I'm still working with my UPS vendor to debug why the UPS keeps turning off.

> Liz

-derek

PS: For some reason your emails get held by my anti-spam tool because of a
"Bad Header".  I'm not sure why that is.  Did you change something in your
MUA or MTA?

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745