[GNC] edit --> find --> description contains fails to show accounts receivable items

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu Jun 9 13:02:18 EDT 2022

Hmmm... I just happened to need to do a Find and tried this out.

I intentionally chose an account that I knew was definitely *not*
involved in the transaction I was looking for. (or any other
transactions that would match my criteria)

Yet, the results were the same if I had this account 'selected' or not.
(which returned results when it shouldn't have, and as expected, none
involved that selected account.)

Maybe this is a terminology problem concerning 'selected' and 'focus'?

I'm doing the search from the Accounts Tab being in 'focus'. (that is,
it is the active tab which I am viewing)

If I 'select' (highlight, but do not open) an account, and do a Find,
this has no effect. (I thought this is what the OP said they did, and
what I thought Liz was referring to)

If I *open* a particular account (thus now viewing its register which is
now 'in focus' and the Accounts Tab is no longer the active tab) *now*
the search is filtered to that account.

Which is exactly what I was warning about in my original comment.

If the OP is not getting results they expect from *other* affected
accounts, either something is off with their criteria, or they are
getting filtered results by doing the search from a particular register
rather than the Accounts Tab.

Regards,
Adrien