[GNC] Startup issue - two windows

john jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Jun 10 12:41:58 EDT 2022

The "no scheduled transactions" dialog is modal (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modal_window) so it blocks the rest of GnuCash until it's dismissed. Unfortunately that includes dismissing the splash screen so that you can see it. I think the splash screen is getting pushed to the front by the loading status bar.

Adrien has already suggested that you turn off the status bar and the tip-of-the-day dialog in preferences; you could also disable  Show notification window in the Scheduled Transactions tab in Preferences. That will suppress the "no scheduled transactions" dialog from displaying.

Regards,
John Ralls