[GNC] Online crypto value quote

Geoff cleanoutmyshed at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 22:56:08 EDT 2022

Hi Julie

That error message (response code 500) was returned from Yahoo.
Finance::Quote itself does appear to be working.  Here are two more
things for you to try:

(1) Repeat that command at different times of the day and night - it may
be an intermittent problem with Yahoo.

(2) Try accessing the Yahoo URL with a web browser:
https://query1.finance.yahoo.com/v7/finance/quote?symbols=IBM
https://query1.finance.yahoo.com/v7/finance/quote?symbols=BTC-USD
I have attached screenshots showing the expected results.  If not
successful, repeat at different times of the day and night.

Further questions:
(a) Have you been able to get any other quotes for any other securities?
(b) Are you running a firewall on your computer?
(c) How are you connected to the internet?
(d) Can you try a different connection, for example hot spot from your
phone or use a connection at a friend's house?
(e) Does your internet service provider block certain web sites or
otherwise interfere with traffic?
(f) Are you behind a corporate or government firewall or proxy server
that may interfere with traffic?

Regards

Geoff
=====