[GNC] Bitcoin Lightning payments

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Sat Jun 18 04:07:12 EDT 2022

On Sat, 18 Jun 2022 at 03:45, Michael or Penny Novack <
stepbystepfarm at comcast.net> wrote:

> IF what you mean by "exclusively in bitcoin" is accounting JUST in
> bitcoin, you would not have to treat it as stock/commodity evaluated in
> some other currency. You could keep a set of books denominated in
> bitcoin. The lack of a currency symbol is an illusion, as they are just
> conventional symbols. Understand? In YOUR books "$" doesn't have to
> stand for dollars, it could stand for "bitcoin".
>
> Michael D Novack

I don’t suppose it would be rocket science for someone to produce a patch
file that substitutes the name of some obscure currency for BTC. I expect
one would need to  patch the XML file before upgrading to a new version of
GNUcash, but this should be doable.

At least with a Linux system, it should be fairly straightforward to create
a script to do this.

Dave

> --
Dr. David Kirkby,
Kirkby Microwave Ltd,
drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
https://www.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk/
Telephone 01621-680100./ +44 1621 680100

Registered in England & Wales, company number 08914892.
Registered office:
Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Althorne, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3 6DT, United
Kingdom