[GNC] rookie question Imbalance-USD

Kevin T nevikintx at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 18 12:54:00 EDT 2022

I have been populating my accounts with CSV.  During the import, the tool doesn't have any existing transactions to match, so most of them get assigned the expense category 'Imbalance-USD'.
I am to the point of making sure that accounts are reconciled and transactions don't have left over or bad account assignments.  Since Imbalance is one of those expense categories I thought that would be a good place to make sure things are clean.
I double click that expense category and the tab populates.Most of these entries have no value in either the deposit or withdrawal columns.Some do.Some even have a transfer account defined and values.
Sooo..  the stupid questions..
If they have a transfer account and values already specified, why is this transaction in this expense category?How do I find out from which account these transactions were originally created?  double clicking does nothing.If they contain no values, is it safe to delete them?
I did import a number of times, trying figuring out the import behavior, into temp or no longer existing accounts.  Are these left over after deleting these accounts?
version 4.1 windows.
I have noticed that my original emails contain a ? for every CRLF that occurs, when the mailing list distributes this.  I am using yahoo mail to send this.   Is there a way to stop this ? mark 'feature'??

Kevin