[GNC] Combining Method in Chapter 11 and Standalone Security

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 23 21:38:12 EDT 2022

The concept of capital gains is the same, whether you're talking about a painting or a stock. The difference between your purchase and your sale price is the gain or loss. The only trick to consider for stocks is that different lots of stock purchases can have different cost bases, which obviously affects gain calculations. What are your specific issues?