[GNC] Split ownership

Gyle McCollam gmccollam at live.com
Mon Jun 27 19:23:08 EDT 2022

I would have recorded the golf cart as an asset, for 1/2 the total price.  Then over the years, I would have depreciated the golf cart based on it's useful life.  I assume this wasn't done.  Anyway, at this time when it was sold, I would credit the golf cart asset for the amount of the cash and debit wherever you put the money, cash, bank account, whatever.  The difference of what you paid and what you received, I would credit the golf cart and debit whatever account you expense you golf cost to.  Formal accounting in a business would be different.

Thank You,

Gyle McCollam

Gyle McCollam

gmccollam at live.com<mailto:gmccollam at gyleshomes.com>           email