[GNC] Split ownership

Fred Tydeman tydeman.fred at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 10:12:41 EDT 2022

I see I was not clear in my description of the transactions.

I wrote a check for the full price of a golf cart to a dealer.
The next day, a friend gave me their half of the cost.
Some years later, I sold the golf cart and I got the full selling price
from the buyer.
A few days later, I gave half of the selling price to my friend.

I guess I could record the purchase as 1/2 to golf cart asset
and 1/2 to short term loan to friend.  And that loan is paid
back the next day.

And the same idea would be used for the sale.