[GNC] ASX Online quotes problem

Geoff cleanoutmyshed at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 04:43:51 EDT 2022

Hi Richard

Yes, that is confusing.  It is possible that this discrepancy in
behaviour may be due to you having two instances of Perl installed - the
later one is seen by your command line scripts and the earlier (out of
date) one is seen by your GnuCash GUI.  I make this suggestion as I
recall seeing other GnuCash problems being reported due to this.  I am
mainly a Windows user so I can't really help you to trouble shoot.

Anyway, to upgrade, you can try the "gnc-fq-update" Perl script, which
should get the latest version (1.51) from CPAN:
https://metacpan.org/pod/Finance::Quote

Finally, I have attached a screenshot of my setup to retrieve prices for
ASX securities.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Geoff