[GNC] ASX Online quotes problem

Richard Spinney rspinney20 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 05:56:18 EDT 2022

Apologies for the spam - just trying to make the necessary info visible.

So I have found a separate perl executable bundled with the Flatpak
installation. The issue now appears to be that I can't run the update
script with it as these executables are designed to be run independently of
Flatpak.

I.e. in this bundled folder is "perl", "gnucash", "gnucash-cli",
"gnc-fq-dump" etc.

But I can't "run" any of them - I get a runtime linking error. I was able
to run the gnc-fq-* scripts as I was invoking my system version of perl to
do so. I open the gnucash GUI itself with the entry to the flatpak,
"org.gnucash.GnuCash".

I.e. there appear to be a few issues with distributing Gnucash as a flatpak
here:

These quite important scripts (gnc-fq-*, gnucash-cli) are:
1. Hidden away in some horrible hidden file structure e.g.
"~/.local/share/flatpak/app/org.gnucash.GnuCash/x86_64/stable/de789f62d67a6ed3ae7fd898b9d1e05cf57cb26fc7f7743262608dfefc81bd0b/files/bin"
2. Even when you do find them, they can't simply be run - the only one that
can be run is "gnucash" (i.e. the GUI), because that is the one that is
hardlinked to in the Flapak run command "flatpak run org.gnucash.Gnucash"

Thanks,

R.