[GNC] Keeping tenant accounts on Gnucash - periodic 'rent owing' ?

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Fri Mar 4 18:15:36 EST 2022

On 3/4/2022 4:46 PM, arthur brogard via gnucash-user wrote:
> We intend to start using gnucash to keep an account of our rental property.
> This is our first for everything: having a rental, keeping accounts, using gnucash.
> We can open an account for the property and enter all amounts received as we get them.
> We can open another for other expenses such as water, I guess.
> Can we somehow set it up so that the rent due every week is posted to that rent account automatically?

What Derek said ,,,,,,, The "general ledger"is a record of transactions
that have happened. Gnucash also can produce "budget" reports and ":cash
flow" reports.

Is this some sort of situation where there is close to certainty that
the rent WILL arrive as scheduled? That's the only situation where I
might be tempted to make that an automatic scheduled transaction << say
some agency is paying the rent on behalf of this tenant >>

Michael D Novack