[GNC] Fwd: GnuCash page FAQ has been changed by Flywire

flywire flywire0 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 01:30:50 EST 2022

Thanks all, that contribution fits much better there and it's well
supported by the tip above it. Ultimately, private rentals are
probably common enough for it to be worthwhile supporting this
feature directly.

I'll offer a few comments for consideration. There was a fair amount of
discussion on the issue and this was only one of the options raised
incorporating comments from others. I tried using Business
Features Accounts Receivable but I hadn't used it before and, based
on Adrien's comments, I didn't feel competent to document it although
someone should. I'm also particularly interested in David Cousens' comment
that Business Features can be used with Cash Accounting being careful with
the date. I think that's effectively what other software must do with a
setting that hides a few dates on forms.

I'd prefer to see the contributed line removed from that wiki page so
people feel more comfortable improving content over time without being
concerned they are changing someone else's work. If the original
contributor is needed it's tracked in the wiki page history.

Jim commented on the entryway to the wiki for users. I've never found it
functional and normally just try a few search terms hoping for the best.
While the wiki has a lot of developer content it seems user comment is just
directing users to other good content elsewhere with the exception of
the GnuCash
FAQ and Using GnuCash pages. It's probably time to rethink the presentation
from a user's perspective (as opposed to a developer's).