[GNC] IRA/401K income detection

Eric Beversluis ebever at researchintegration.org
Sun Mar 13 22:53:14 EDT 2022

(Sorry—I clicked the wrong reply button.)

I’m not sure what you’re trying to accomplish. It sounds like you don’t want your books to exaggerate how wealthy you are by ignoring the tax liability of the transfer. When I transfer (withdraw) money from a tax-deferred retirement account I usually have them withhold some of it. If you don’t do withholding, you might set up a tax liability account that offsets the some of money you’ve transferred into your checking account.

Of course those tax liabilities are only estimates until you actually do taxes at the end of the year. But that’s no different from estimating the tax liability you incur from income.

Am I reading your concern properly?

Eric Beversluis
Short fiction at www.ericbeversluis.com